As the cycle of the New Year begins, I always find it fascinating and very beneficial to look at the energies that will surround and engage us throughout the year. This year there are powerful forces mixing together creating a potent potion of movement in a vortex of energy that can be harnessed through focused intention and guidance to uplift and transform your experience of life. Forget the doom and gloom, these energies are ushering in the seeds of change. The creative potential at this time is astronomical. As you ground yourself in the vision you want to create, new perspectives and possibilities open up as if by magic. Your worldview and life may radically change as the world you have known alters.
Chinese Philosophical System of Cycles
Today we are going to look through the lens of two systems. One of these is the Chinese system of ancient knowledge, which has followed the rhythms and cycles of planetary and universal energies for centuries. They formalized this knowledge into philosophical principles of alchemy, medicine, and astrology. Earthly elements and characteristics of animals are the symbology to describe some of these forces. January 25, 2020 begins the celebration of Chinese New Year and this year rings in the energy of the Yang White Metal Rat formally arriving on February 4th.
Yang energy is masculine. It is strong, active, giving, fast, emptying and focused. Metal imbues resourceful righteousness, refinement, integrity, and provides structure and control. It gives you the confidence to lead your own life and the motivation to “step up to the plate.” The white rat is considered a protector and bringer of prosperity through self-knowledge, discipline, resilience, endurance and the ability to cope with difficulties. Incredible survivors, rats are intelligent, quick witted, adaptable and clever. They are problem solvers. Just think about a rat going through a maze. Their determination is unrelenting and they rarely give up in the face of resistance. One of the attributes that allows this relentless pursuit is patience. They are not dissuaded by failure or mistakes. The goal is always in focus and their attention is on creative and inventive solutions.
Did you know that rats are very sociable? People with pet rats know this. They are nurturers, extremely protective of their family and emotionally sensitive. Abundance and prosperity is implicit in rat energy. Nurturing qualities are necessary when one is as abundantly fertile as a rat. A mother rat is capable of having up to 200 babies a year. Rats have been known to enjoy the limelight and become jealous of other rats. Most of the time, they enjoy life using ultrasonic chirps to laugh and purring when content. When you observe rats in community, they share and help others. Lab rats will figure ways out of their cage and then release their friends. Their body and mind is highly adapted for survival with their extraordinary immunity to disease, tremendous balance and the mental acumen and resourcefulness to discern what is essential and what is not.
All of these characteristics offer the necessary power to create the life you want and need. As you will see, they perfectly coincide and blend with the western astrology lens of cosmic planetary forces that are beaming onto planet earth as she grows and matures.
Cosmic Planetary Forces
Astrologically there are some big hitter planets overseeing and enthusiastically activating change. Saturn moved into Capricorn for about a three year period from December 19, 2017 until March 21, 2020. It will briefly enter Aquarius before retrograding back into Capricorn from July 1, 2020 until December 17, 2020. Capricorn is hardworking and has the ambition, fortitude and discipline to climb the tallest peak in the same way the rat perseveres. Pluto has been in Capricorn since November of 2008 and will stay there until May of 2023. The work of these two planetary energies in tenacious Capricorn is to dredge up the shadow aspects and take a hard look at what is not essential or does not support an individual’s growth or humanity’s evolution of consciousness. Pluto reveals your relationship to power. Where do you give it away and when do you stand in your own power? Saturn discloses your limiting beliefs and asks you to be strong in standing for your truth and the discipline to follow your creative impulse. What is left after facing and purging your fears is the fundamental ground to germinate and birth your new reality.
These two planets came together at 22 degrees in a conjunction in Capricorn on January 12, 2020 initiating a new cycle and a shift towards new forms, relationships, systems, and structures that support your individual life and humankind. We crossed a threshold and a portal of opportunity opened as Jupiter, the planet of expansion, joined the party along with Saturn, Pluto, Ceres, Mercury, and the Sun forming a stellium of concentrated impact. The last three bring in Ceres nurturing fertility necessary for growth, the skills of clear and rapid communication of Mercury, and the continuous stream of life force activating and catalyzing growth from our Sun. Can you feel the gift in the promise of new life emerging in the aftermath of so much clearing?
Catalyzing a Bright Future
All of this remarkable confluence of energy is fostering the emergence of renewal. This time is ripe for evolving and creating. Use your imagination. Ignite your dreams. The soil of ingenuity birthing life giving vitality is extremely fertile. Rat energy is intensely active and activates prosperity. How can you employ these resources to your advantage?
“You Must be Imaginative and Strong-Hearted.
You Must Try things that May not Work,
and You Must Not let Anyone define Your Limits
because of Where You Come from.
Your only Limit is Your Soul.”
~ Gusteau from “Ratatouille” the movie
- It is important to Follow your Heart and Patiently Listen to your Inner Guidance.
- When difficult Transitions and Loss occur, Touch inside of yourself with Compassion. Allow yourself to feel whatever emotions arise. Learning how to Nurture and Care for Yourself is crucial for Creating and Sustaining Life.
- What is Essential for your life? What is Non-essential?
- What is the difference between Needs and Wants?
- Where do you Limit yourself or give your Power away?
- Be Courageous in Relationships and Communicate Your Needs and Desires in a Loving way. Share your thoughts, joy, hurts, and desires; it brings intimacy and companionship.
- Use your Imagination and Guidance and Plant your Intentions into the Energetic stream.
- Be Clear about your Intentions. Are they Life Giving and Sustaining for All? These powerful energies do not discriminate or judge, they only Create. Be Mindful of Others, the Earth and all of Creation.
- It is a Time of Creating Great Prosperity and Abundance when you Focus on Your Life, Your Intentions and what You Desire to Create. It is easy to get wrapped up in world events, which distract you from your creative process. This is a time of rapid change and with it there is much destruction, loss, and chaos as the deep dark shadow elements of humankind continue to be expunged. There are those that will use this energy to advance themselves over others. Be Diligent and plant your seeds to create the world you want to live in.
- Be Proactive about your what you want to create.
- Determination, Perseverance, and Resilience in the face of Difficulty is Required. Do not become discouraged by mistakes, problems or failures.
- When you contact Outer or Inner Resistance, Take a Step back, Re-Group and Center yourself. Do not push the energy. Pushing the energy makes it grow stronger. Re-focus and just like a rat, use your imaginative inventiveness, instincts and inner guidance to discover ways to move forward around the obstacles.
- Believe in your Power, have Confidence in Your Ability to Create the Life you Desire through Discipline, Self-Control and Self-Respect. Release self-doubt and limitations.
- Stay in Balance through Self Awareness, Patience and checking your Ego.
- Be Grateful and Appreciate all of the Goodness in Your Life.
- Make time to engage with Loved Ones. Happiness is found in giving to others and cherishing relationships.
Feel the fresh energy of renewal and new beginnings that is upon us. We have been walking through stormy times yet all of it has been leading us to the realization that a different way of being in the world is imperative. Humanity is in the process of a very arduous labor. It is up to each one of us here at this time to care. It is with great care that we nourish and birth a world that is loving and kind and creates abundance for all.
I wish you an Incredibly Fabulous Birth.
Dorothy Wallis is a former intern at People House in private practice with an M.A. in Marriage and Family Therapy. She is a Psychotherapist, Certified Relational Life Therapist, Certified Clinical Hypnotherapist, and an International Spiritual Teacher at the forefront of the consciousness movement for over thirty years grounded in practices of meditation, family systems, relationships, and emotional growth. Her work reflects efficacious modalities of alternative approaches to healing for individuals and couples based upon the latest research in science, human energy fields, psychology, and spirituality.
As a leader in the field of emotional consciousness and the connection to mind, body and spirit, her compassionate approach safely teaches you how to connect to your body, intuition and knowing to clear emotional wounds and trauma at the core. The powerful Heartfulness protocol empowers your ability to join with your body’s innate capacity to heal through holistic Somatic, Sensory and Emotional awareness. www.TheDorWay.com and www.Heartfulnesspath.com