We won’t ask you for your personal information unless we truly need it. We can’t stand services that ask you for your genders or income level for no apparent reason. People House believes that you have the right to privacy, and we respect that. People House will not sell any information to a third party or anyone outside our organization. Please note that when you voluntarily disclose personal information online this information cannot be made 100% secure and, in some cases, that information can be intercepted, collected and used by hackers. However, we work hard to protect your information at all times.
How your information is collected
We try and collect only limited and necessary personal information, including some or all of the following: name, email address, organization, title, zip-code, through a variety of ways.
Below is a list of those collection points and the subsequent use of that information:
- If you reach out via our website’s contact form, we will use your name, phone number and email address to reply. We will not add you to our email list without you expressing your consent.
- If you sign up for our newsletter or e-news through our website, your name, address, and your email address, will be added to our mailing list. If you wish to stop getting our e-news you can click unsubscribe in the publication, we then delete your information. To stop getting physical newsletter email email@example.com and we will remove you from our mailing list.
- When you fill out a Google form for either applying for our Affordable Counseling Program Internship, or to participate as a practitioner at People House by filling out the application we may collect your name, email address, phone number, address, your resume, business name, your credentials, your DORA registration, and proof of professional liability insurance. We use this information to process applications for administrative use only.
- If you register for any of our workshops, groups or events, we will add your email address to our mailing list.
If you are under the age of 13, we are prohibited by law from collecting any information from you. We are thrilled that you are interested in the work we do and hope you continue to want to make the world a better place.
People House also collects non-personal information via our website and online payment processing systems by using “cookies” this is to help us provide better service. They help us remember who you are and your what preferences you may have for our from your previous responses. In addition they help us track your usage of www.peoplehouse.org, so we have better insight into which pages of our sites are visited the most. You can disable cookies in your browser or reject them on our site.
Information that is retained and accessible to People House, authorized staff only includes the purchaser’s name, email address, physical address and date of payment. By using PayPal People House does not have access to your credit card information.
How your information may be used
Outside of the payment processing as outline above, we will use your name, organization name (if applicable) and the email address you give us in order to send you emails. That’s it.
These emails may include:
- The bi-monthly E-newsletter, through our email marketing service, Vertical Response or directly from a staff member. You can unsubscribe or opt out at any time.
- Special events, promotions or information. In addition to the bi-monthly newsletter, we rarely will send you an email inviting you to a special event or letting you know about something exciting happing at People House.
- A thank you email for donating, or for supporting People House in any way.
How we store your information and for how long
Any of the limited personal information that you provide is stored and secured though our Vertical Response account, or in our internal database. Given the ongoing nature of this, we will continue to keep your information on file until you contact us asking to be removed or unsubscribe.
For online donations, payments, and transactional data is stored indefinitely through our secure, third-party payment processor.
Peoplehouse.org may include links to external websites. These links do not fall under the peoplehouse.org domain, and People House is not responsible for their privacy practices or the content of external websites. Your use of any of the linked websites is solely at your own risk.
For more Information
Please contact Veronica Dieda at firstname.lastname@example.org or 303-480-5130.